Monday, January 5, 2009

I know I've been neglecting my blogging . . .

and I have lots to say and show! But whew, I feel like I've been in a whirlwind. Actually I think it's a long lasting tornado that's been blowing through my life for the last 6 to 8 weeks. But I truly think that things are going to improve here shortly. Without going into a long narrative, here are a few things that have been consuming my time in recent days:
  • we have moved and settled my dad into a new apt (this deserves a happy dance!)
  • I taught two more classes at Jackman's (they were great - one filled to capacity!)
  • I spent one day in the hospital for tests (excellent results)
  • my sister Deb had the flu over the weekend
  • Ashley went to the ER yesterday (tendonitis in her foot)
  • Rusty had the flu over the weekend
  • I think I am coming down with a cold

I have a full day ahead of me today too with appointments and travel, so I'm going to leave you with a few photos of Christmas gift projects.


A bag designed for cross-stitch supplies, it has a zippered vinyl pouch inside to keep threads neat and visible --



A friend requested this apron for her daughter -














Craft aprons for our nieces, ages 3 and 6.









Another niece -




Lots more to show but I won't overwhelm you in one post.
And speaking of posts - I've read and enjoyed several lately that addressed new resolutions. I have a few of my own (do I dare say one is a repeat - yikes!). I also copied one from someone else because I found it particularly enlightening. What are your resolutions? Maybe I can copy yours too! :)
Here's hoping your new year is progressing on a happy note!

3 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

Wow you sure have been busy. Your creations are all so lovely and cheerful. I've given up making new year resolutions because I can never stick to them. Good luck with your list though!

Oh and a very happy new year to you :)

Victoria said...

Busy indeed! You need a day of rest I think!
Wonderful creations... I especially like that great red and white polka dot apron! Fab!!

Unknown said...

I hope you didn't get that cold :) Your creations are beautiful!