Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yes, I will beg . . .

Here is something I am absolutely over-the-top passionate about. I watched a story on NBC Nightly News a couple days ago about this remarkable little girl who took her love for animals to another level and is truly making a difference. With her parents' blessing, she has been doing volunteer work for quite some time in local animal shelters and knows firsthand the heartbreak and needs of these animals. Talk about putting dreams into action -- this little girl actually went out and secured a corporate sponsor then set up a website for her cause. Visitors to the site find a trivia question. When you answer the question (multiple choice, can't be easier), the sponsor will donate 20 pieces of kibble to a homeless shelter. You can play two questions per day, one for dogs and one for cats -- that's 40 pieces per visitor per day! It takes only a few seconds and it's truly one of the most worthwhile things I am doing each day. Please consider making this a part of your day too and help all those trusting, loving souls who so need our help. And what can I say about this little girl? I know I personally have a lot to learn from her. What an inspiration. So here's the site: http://freekibble.com/default.asp?a=441

I know we are all bombarded everyday with requests and if you're like me, sometimes you may feel overwhelmed. Everyone has just a certain amount of time and resources and simply wading through and evaluating where to focus your attention and charity can be a bit daunting. This is quick, painless and truly a way to make a heartwarming difference. My darling shih tzu Rusty is curled up in a soft ball, warm and happy next to me. He has no idea how fortunate he is . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes me feel so good knowing there are people like this little girl out there. What will she accomplish when she's older? I imagine many incredible things.