Friday, November 14, 2008

Yes, I'm still here!

As of late I've been slacking in my blogging -- but not so in the sewing room. I've been busy busy, trying to make my way through a long list of projects. I am making progress but not enough in my judgment to be where I need to be as the holidays quickly approach. (EEK!) I also find myself with fewer pictures I can post for now, since so many of the projects I'm creating are gifts. But there are a couple of things I can show you . . .
Last time I posted bibs I mentioned how much I like to do them. They do take quite a lot of time (virtually all day for these 3) but I think they are just so darn cute! Oh, how I wish I'd had this machine and the time to do these things when our kids were small (deep sigh).

Fronts and Backs (they're reversible). Look closely to see the sparkle snowflakes!

These are fun because I love doing free motion quilting and using the bias binder. One of these days in the not too distant future, I'm going to start a quilt or two. I have a stack of Amy Butler Midwest Modern and a Moda Posh jelly roll waiting for that day.

Here are more Vandal bags . . .


and some velveteen drawstrings for Our Sorrowful Mother's Ministry.



In the wings -- I have a cute diaper bag completed for a shower this weekend, so I'll be able to post it soon. Also a couple other completed bags that are Christmas gifts. Oh won't we be picture saturated after Christmas?!

And finally, I was inspired by a post last month by Amy at Park City Girl as she began giving thought to what she is thankful for. Those thoughts have rambled around in my head as I tried to come up with a perfect list and finally decided a comprehensive list is too much pressure. So instead I'm just going to mention two or three random things with each post this month. Here are today's thoughts:

~ God's Grace that gives me strength for all things
~ His gift of life and good health to enjoy it
~ Our many blessings of comfort and security

Those are my profound thanks, next time I'll do more light-hearted. Have a great day and enjoy the blessings in your life!

2 comments:

jacquie said...

you make such cute things. those bibs are darling. such a good time to talk about what we are thankful for...my list would be so long.

Anonymous said...

Adorable bibs. I had a look around and love all the other wonderful projects too.

Nice browsing.