Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

. . . in our little neck of the woods. Yesterday as I dreamed up a Christmas doggy stocking in my warm and cozy sewing studio (doesn't that sound hotzy-totzy!), Randy had to dodge snowflakes as he cleaned up leaves in the yard! Not that he minds. He likes snow. He likes Christmas. Sometimes I call him "Rudy-Lou-Who". You have to be a fan of the Grinch to get that humor.

Even I who fret and worry over the holidays can't help but catch a little whimsical Christmas spirit with fun projects like last week's bibs and this week's doggy stocking for Isaac & Avery's pup.


Now you know, sweet Rusty is going to want one like this too . . .

And a close-up 'cause you've gotta check out the ribbon.

(Darn, I don't have any more of that.)


Then, the diaper bag I promised from last week . . .









And finally a shirt for my husband. This was inspired by my friend Tammy's youngest, Tyler, who wanted something Fire Dept. related to honor the memory of his uncle Todd. Tyler has a lot of qualities passed on from his mom and Todd. He has a creative mind and oh-my, can he build things with wood! At 16 he has created some amazing outdoor furniture pieces like hexagon picnic tables and Adirondack chairs. He even sold a few this past summer. He got his business drive from his dad! Now I'm rambling (my husband says I do that) . . . here's the shirt.


My husband is pleased and that makes me happy too. A somber loving happy.







Today I'm thankful for:
~ a warm home and well stocked cupboard
~ sweet puppy kisses
~ the beautiful fox couple who visits our yard daily reminding me to live life simply, in faith that our needs will be met

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: