Monday, October 6, 2008

More Display Samples

Tomorrow I'll deliver these two display samples for the adult sewing classes I'll be teaching in December.

The GARMENT BAG: I've admired this fabric line for some time but needed a big-sized project like this to make the large scale print work. The collection is XOXOXO the Cat, by Wendy Slotboom. I have another piece from this collection too; I'm sure you'll be seeing it one of these days. I love the trendy colors and I think the fabric would appeal to a pretty broad age group, don't you? The bag is lined in a kiwi green stripe.


JUMPER: This is super simple to sew. The pattern is Lucy by Children's Corner. I used black velveteen with red pom-pom trim and buttons.

Here's a close-up of the applique design. Very simple. I had in mind some vintage Christmas ornaments like my baby sister collects. I sketched these then used a compass and some simple paper folding to clean up the design and make the ornaments symmetrical. It's very basic and I'm hoping a simple introduction to fusible applique.
So . . . there they are. I believe the class schedules will go out before the end of the month. It's kind of a scary feeling.

No comments: