Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here it is . . . we'll see how this goes

Yesterday I stumbled into this idea of creating a blog. Is this a good idea? I hope so. I'm thinking it can serve a couple of different purposes. I know there are some girls out there who've been keeping up with what I create by checking out my webshots. That's been a good thing for me but you know, it's just gotten too big and mixed up. I continue to add photos, dumping the new in with the old and now it just seems like a jumble of too much stuff! (Y'all know how I hate too much stuff!) I think a blog will let me document what I'm doing and keep it in some semblance of order. I feel like my work is changing and evolving and a blog will reflect that too. In chronological order, of course. :)

On a more personal note, I'm thinking what a cool way of staying connected! No pressure, just check it out if and when you're in the mood.

Soooo anyway, here's what I've been up to this week . . .



It's cherry season in south-central Illinois! My friend and I did some serious cherry picking -- and endured a few bug bites, one at the base of my neck welted up about the size of a nickel and stayed there for 3 days! I looked like a leper but it was worth it as I do LOVE cherries. We'll have cherry pie this winter and here is one of my favorites . . . cherry preserves! Don't they look pretty?!






Of course I had to do some sewing too! Here's a
nursing cover-up my friend asked me to make for her. It's a pretty interesting concept - a boned casing at the top holds the fabric up and away from baby's face. Now he can breathe and Mom can see him!













A couple of little girls' bags . . .






Now . . . isn't this cool?! Sarah's mom wanted her to have something to store her pajamas in during the day. Remember when we were kids and the pajama pillows were popular? Retro recreated. Although Sarah is just 7, anyone who knows her know she is a little tween diva. I think this will be right up her alley. If it's not, I'll change my name and keep it, I think it's adorable!




Here's the zipper pocket in back.
That's all for now.


No comments: