Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to George!

Today is someone special's birthday. George, my mother-in-law's special friend, is celebrating today so we took him a coconut pie I made for them. No, they didn't get the pretty placemat nor the wrought iron stand, just the pie!


And I did something for myself today! Isn't it funny how you get so used to something you overlook it? I picked up four Duncan Phyfe chairs at a yard sale several years ago to match a dining room set I have. My baby sister is now using the dining room set but these extra chairs (this one in my sewing room) are in use in various rooms throughout my house with the same dingy worn seats they had when I bought them! Today it just occurred to me it was time to do something about it . . .







Before and after. The fabric is pretter than it looks in the photo - it's a floral, with maybe a bit of an Asian-flair (?). I love the rosey color and it has a gorgeous sheen.

I did these towels on Monday. They are a belated Christmas gift for my sister. I know - Wow is that late! But it took her forever to pick out what she wanted on the towels and then it took me a while to get around to doing them but I like the way they turned out. (She did too.)




And the latest bag --
The polka dot is a Heather Ross print from her Lightning Bugs line. The bow is on a velcro wrap-around tab so it can be removed.



So much for today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Heather Ross? Love the retro monogram too!