Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .

I know -- long time, no post! It's been crazy around our house. My dad is home but very needy in terms of time and attention. Throw in a couple of sewing deadlines and deliveries to Jackman's and I've been quite busy. We also have house guests for several weeks -- my stepson, his wife and almost 2-yr old son - who arrived with a whopper of a cold and a racking cough. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a germ magnet so it is a minor miracle that I managed more than two weeks before I came down with it. But oh yes, I do have it now.

So what a blessing it is that I managed to get my decorating done last weekend. Here are a few of my favorite decorations this year . . .


I have a dear young friend who always gifts me with the most delightful pieces to brighten my home. Doesn't this jolly fellow make you feel whimsical?!




Who knew the Cricut would be this much fun? This is cut from white vinyl (alright, it's actually cheap contact paper!). But what a perfect accent to this french door which is visible from the three rooms we use most. (The text cut is from the Simply Sweet font cartridge, the snowflakes from Winter Woodland.)





These cute little snowflakes were die cut with a Sizzix Originals die. I think they add so much to these ornaments hanging in my front window.

And last but not least, I needed a couple of cards for early December birthdays. Although it doesn't show up in the photo, the white insert is embossed with Happy Birthday sayings.


Wherever you are, I hope you are safe and warm and making good progress towards a very happy Christmas.

I'll catch you later. Sooner this time, I promise.

1 comment:

Pam said...

You have been busy- love all your cricut projects! Hope you get over your cold soon- mine is really hanging on and it is really not the time of year to feel so badly. I guess whatever I don't get done just wasn't meant to be.