Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What I've been doing

Recently I had a surprise visit from a dear friend. She reminded me, among other things, that she misses my blog posts. So here I am. I don't have a lot to say but do have a lot of things I can show you all. Here are some of the things I've been working on lately . . .


This little top is from a Childrens Corner Pattern - "Kinsey", modified the hemline to add scallops and added the ruffles and piping.  A display for the fabric store.







Here's an apron and potholder set, also for diplay. From the book 'Quilting Those Flirty 30s' by Cynthia Tomaszewski.







And here's a close-up of a vintage button I just love. I thought it worked really well with the 30s theme.









An art smock - for Back to School display.  From the Book 'Little Things to Sew' Oliver + S, Liesel Gibson.







And a birthday card.  I used Cricut Lite Cartridge 'Live Simply'. 









I made a baby quilt my sister-in-laws are wanting to see, so I'll be back.

In my prayers today most especially are three very important friends.  Larry and Dave are fighting similar battles and my heart is heavy with their struggles. And sweet Emily is in a crisis no young mother should have to face. I know they appreciate my prayers  - and yours too if you would be so kind. Please remember also with me Brenda, Karen, John F. and Jennifer. +

May your day be blessed in a special way today. Watch for it . . . Love, J

No comments: